I thoroughly enjoyed "12 Angry Men." It's safe to say I haven't watched too many black and white movies, ergo I am not too familiar with names or faces of actors. So for me it was a treat to see "new" faces.
Also I enjoyed the stance the movie took on the court case movie. Seeing the jury deliberate behind the scenes was especially interesting. In most court case movies or shows today, we only see the court room half of the case, but we can't forget that so much goes on behind closed doors. It was behind these closed doors that we got to see the process of the jury analyzing all the angles of the case, going over all the witness' testimonies, and even reenacting things they thought might have happened. However, if it hadn't been for jury member number 8 (Henry Fonda), all of this might not have happened. The haste of the other 11 jury members to reach a decision caused them to over look a lot of key details that would save a young boys life. Lucky for the boy though, Fonda was able to critically analyze the case and convince the other 11 men to change their verdict.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you enjoyed a new genre of movie - some of the black and whites can be quite gripping/intriguing; I reccommend "Good Night and Good Luck," a recent b/w film, for more argument fun. Thanks for the analysis!
Post a Comment