Friday, March 2, 2007
English 103 is centered around 5 key goals. The first being, the ability to use rhetoric and think critically. I believe I have shown this since class first began in January when we first started having writing assignments. As stated in Erin’s evaluation “[my] gifts, for arguing and rhetoric [are] obvious from [my] performance in class.” In our research papers, I think I put forth the utmost effort in both thinking critically and covering all the angles of the report. Lastly, I believe that during the debate I demonstrated how I am able to use rhetoric effectively as well as think critically about any topic, even lakes. The second goal of English 103 is Information Design and Technology. The only thing we have accomplished in this category thus far would be the online blogging journal. Erin asked us to make posts online pertaining to various things we had been doing in class at the time, ideas, or suggestions. I tried to make my blogs both informative and humorous as possible because with so many students writing monotonous blogs, it is only fair Erin get a break. She even stated in her evaluation, “extremely unique and funny blogs.” The next goal pertains to research. This was largely centered around the Community Based Writing Assignment. I believe I exhibited excellent skills in research during this project by helping the group attain poll numbers and create questions for our interview. Also, I did research on my own to find out certain aspects of the dining service which might not be revealed in a poll or an interview. Collaboration was the forth goal set down by this class. Here again the Community Based Writing Assignment comes into play. In this project, it was imperative to work with the other members of our group to help coordinate a plan and come up with ways to analyze what we found out in hopes that we could help the community, which I think I accomplished. Also, the debate would have never been successful had we not worked together and met as one to come up with arguments against the opposing team. I was extremely honored when my team wanted me to be the spokes person and leader for the team. In both situations I believe I showed the use of collaboration with other people in hopes that we would reach a common goal. Finally, the Lab that accompanies this class has a huge impact on the overall success of this class. Much like in this English section, I have done all the necessary work and exhibited the 4 qualities I have previously talked about. I know that I have done just as well in the lab as I have done here. I agree with the grade given by Erin and think I deserve an A+.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you Stephen!
Post a Comment